Friday, April 20, 2012

San Juan, Puerto Rico


It seems like everyone I know has been to Puerto Rico. In all my thirty one years of living I’ve never had a chance to go until recently. I’ve been so many other places around the world and it's amazing that an island that is so close took forever for me to visit. There are many gems in Puerto Rico that I’ve heard about from Culebra beach, to the glowing lagoon of Mosquito Biobay in Vieques, to El Yunque the rainforest. My first trip there however wasn’t meant for adventure which indeed takes more planning.







My boyfriend and I decided we needed a quick get-a-way and Puerto Rico was just the ticket. As heart breaking as it was to visit this island and not be able to explore it properly, adventure would just have to wait as this was a touch down, relax and go sort of trip.





 The Reef Bar & Grill located in Pinones has great views and the best Mofongo I ever had. Let's not forget the Pina Coladas. Delicioso!!!





 






Although it was a quick journey it wasn’t lacking in the relaxation department. Sometimes that quick trip is just what you need to recharge your batteries.


This beach was located right below The Reef Restaurant.





  We had a chance to visit the Fort San Felipe del Morro which is a quick drive into Old San Juan.














 Old San Juan is picturesque with cobblestone streets and 16th century structures.





  At first glance I thought this bad boy was a huge snake. 







Have any of you been to Puerto Rico? What were some of your favorite parts of the trip? Where would you suggest others to visit while they are in P.R?










1 comment:

  1. Never been! it's on my list though. Your post is making me want to go asap

    ReplyDelete